Meridian Revogene® C. difficile
A qualitative in vitro diagnostic polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay to detect the toxin B (tcdB) gene of toxigenic Clostridium difficile in unformed stool specimens obtained from patients suspected of having C. difficile infection (CDI).
Meridian Revogene provides healthcare systems an opportunity to minimize the overall burden of C. difficile through improved care and efficiency by helping to reduce the risk of missing a true positive. Fast results enable physicians to make informed decisions about patient management and treatment resulting in reduced healthcare costs associated with isolation and antibiotics. Meridian Revogene is a flexible and reliable molecular platform that allows health systems to provide testing closer to the patient and advance the quality of care through simplified sample processing and efficient workflow.
Read more about the test on Meridian’s website.
Meridian Revogene C. difficile advantages
Small and compact
- Fits in all laboratories and testing can be taken closer to the patient
- No external laptop needed to operate
- Weighs only 10 kg
Improved laboratory workflow
- Sample to results in 3 easy steps
- Less than 2 minutes hands on time
- Results available within 70 minutes
Well documented method with excellent performance
- Based on well-established and widely used molecular detection method PCR to detect toxin B gene (tcdB)
- Performance correlates with the reference methods
- Detects Toxin B (tcdB) gene
|Method||Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), fluorescence detection|
|Instrument information||Sample lysis, dilution, amplification and detection are done in the |
Meridian Revogene instrument, in a microfluidic cartridge (PIE)
|Hands on time||< 2 minutes|
|Results||< 70 minutes|
|Other material needed||Vortex mixer|